Saturday, September 7, 2013

"Tribett's Trail"

     With my saddle set low and the cool breeze funneling through the air vents of my helmet, arms vibrating as if I was operating a jack hammer and flowers and shrubs whipping my legs as if  going through some strange gauntlet for a right of passage, I mentally prepared myself for 12 miles of amazing trail. Suddenly I realize that I am Separate from my bicycle and the helmet that I almost always loathed to wear is the only thing between me and the pounding rocks jolting my neck as my body was suspended in air for what seemed like along time or as if time were suspended, eventually coming to a rolling stop. My nurse training taught me to assess my health situation: A little buzzed in the head, cuts, bruises and some pretty good gashes on my right calf. My survival instincts are telling me that I was the last to leave and nobody was following, so get back on your bike and go. To stupid to feel pain I caught up to the waiting group, to stubborn to admit my situation, I said I was fine and continued the ride. And what a fantastic ride it was. Twelve miles of down hill worth a trip from anywhere, some new friends and some of the most beautiful scenery around (even if it was blurred by speed). The trade I made for the ride was a concussion and some macho scars on my leg that will stir up conversation in the future. Well worth it. I totally recommend the "Stump Jumper trail" if you have the need for speed. Best down hill I have experienced. Thank you to Todd Tribett and Miguel Vasquez.







Video produced by Todd Tribett.

No comments:

Post a Comment