Sunday, August 18, 2013




Have you ever had a day when you had to work and you kept looking out the window daydreaming about the trail. For me that was Saturday. I am lucky enough to only work an occasional Saturday and it was a beautiful day.....until I was off. The rain began to come down. This might detour some from a ride but not me, my handy rain gear was in the back of the car in my 72 hour emergency kit. It was in good shape and it was a great day to test it out. I wouldn't want to be in an emergency with faulty gear. By the time I hit the apex of the trail the lightning was beginning to get scary. The lighting was hitting right and left of me. I started to wonder if my rubber tires would work as a ground just like I have heard about cars. (If you know then give me a holler). I can't deny that I was thinking about waking up in a ditch barbecued with curlier hair.  Anyway I learned just staying positive was the key. I got out of there just fine and the rain gear worked perfect. Another memory for the books.


No comments:

Post a Comment