Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Child in Us All

Every Time I am riding down a slope and I spot a small hill I get the urge to separate the earth from my tires. I am sure it stems from my childhood days building ramps with all the neighborhood kids. It was just the summer activity we did. Of coarse one-up-man-ship always lead us to the impossible ramp that only the most daring would even try.


Picture from: http://www.leftylimbo.com

 "Evil" Knievel was doing television stunts and neighborhood legends were made in every American town. We dreamed of flying and we built bicycles to accommodate the urge. It is sad to think that there will come a day when the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. With 50 + years behind me I sometimes feel like that boy flying through the air with full confidence of my landing and sometimes feeling the pains of 50 + my landing is not so sure. I know what it means when the spirit will not yield to age and wisdom keeps your wheels on the floor a little more. My prayers go out to Jeff and his family. May miracles be a great part of his journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment