Monday, October 6, 2014

Repairs And The Off Tour

After my "Strawberry Loop" tour I have been doing repairs on my bike. I have found mud and grit everywhere even after a good wash in the creek and then a power wash when I got home. I thought that would do the trick, and yet I have replaced the front and back break pads. Also, I disassembled and cleaned front and back derailleurs. I just finished disassembling the rear hub and repacked the bearings (very gritty). I wasn't going to do the front hub but with all the grit I found in the back I think it would be wise to do it sometime this week in between my huge work schedule. Hey It's like getting a new bike. 
A lot of people would just have a bike shop do this but I have the tools (not to pricey on amazon) and I know it will be done right if  I do it myself. If you have never done something like this there are some videos on youtube that can be useful. Sometimes just getting a general idea is enough. 

Rear hub <click here
Front hub<click here
Crank removal<click here

I just got back from San Diego and it was amazing. I am one of those TSA hating Americans. Sometimes I look at those agents and think to myself "this idiot is going to make sure I am safe" as he violates my fourth amendment rights. Well I found that if you are going to be violated than San Diego is the place. It is like the agents there at least knew they were being offensive. These sure are strange times we live in.

The Fourth amendment of the constitution of the united States of America:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.


San Diego:



Water fowl and Cheetah slow mo.



















No comments:

Post a Comment